Road-map and completed tasks
The game engine is ready to be used for your projects, however we continue to develop new features
as the time go on. If you have personal requests, new wishes please use the forums.
Features / tasks planned
- Give admin access to others.
- Engine add-ons shop.
- Keyboard hook for scripting (call a function on a key press)
- Pixel editor: color palette (save colors)
- Pets following you and helping.
- Player owned markets (to sell items to other players).
- PvP games like chess, 8 pool and more.
- Choose fog color and transparency.
- Add snow / rain effect.
- Debug, debug, debug!
- Conditions to check minimap visibility
- Actions to show or hide the minimap
- Logout button in the "profile" widget
- Map editor can now spray objects on the map.
- Map objects can now be animated with any number of animation steps and at any speed.
- Node Code editing now shows node help while overing nodes or over the selector.
- New API to control the height/width and placement of the dialog.
- Improved some script parsing, now shows a more useful message in case the script is not complete.
- Scripts can be developed via the new node editor.
- Rename of map objects, NPC and monsters will not break the maps anymore as the engine will reflect the changes on the saved maps.
- Map editor snap objects has been improved.
- Map editor object placement preview.
- Map editor house placement preview.
- Fixed bad preview item inside the map editor.
- Split maker and runtime code. While playing the player will download only the runtime.
- HTML5 export enabled from within the online maker.
- Multiple threads loading has been implemented, allowing for much faster loading of zones and game startup.
- Rename or delete tile type in the tile editor will now reflect changes on the zones and don't break zones anymore.
- Rename or delete monster updates zones.
- Rename or delete character updates monsters and game default settings.
- Rename or delete house part updates houses.
- Rename or delete sounds updates zones.
- Rename or delete inventory slot updates objects.
- Fix open NPC editor if no NPC editor is present.
- Rename or delete particle system updates map objects.
- Rename or delete map objects updates zones.
- Fixed chat bot save & restore
- Fixed include of specially serialized objects into the extensions.
- Fixes chat banned bug.
- Allows async calls inside chat bots (for example to reach the storage).
- Fixed bug with players being chat banned after reloading.
- Fixed bug with in game registration not showing the error messages.
- Chat commands to ban and mute implemented. Can be added to a chat bot.
- API to check user role added.
- Fixed minimap drawing issues in the map editor.
- Fixed bug with object code calling.
- Fixed bug with extension export if no image was included.
- Fixed bug in the chat bot editor not updating the sentence list while changing the trigger.
- Chat bots can not answer information seen only by the player asking them.
- Arrays are now supported by the scripting language.
- New Array API calls available.
- Chat bots can be invisible if their name starts with ~
- Chat bots can react to commands (/something).
- Chat bots can answer a special line if the answer starts with a /.
- Chat command scripts now receive the player entered line as argument.
- New chat API call SplitLine allows to parse the entered line.
- Map editor new tool-bar has been created to improve the interface.
- Map editor object snapping has been added.
- Fixed wrong tileset definition which allowed monsters to be placed in the middle of the water.
- Rename "Generic Code" to "Extension".
- Allows to enable / disable extensions.
- Allows to hide extension code to others.
- Allows to block the editing of the extensions to others.
- Implements plug-ins attachments (art, NPC and more).
- Implemented canvas functions within dialogs.
- Added image drawing to graphics.
- Script language runtime changed.
- New Chat and Message API functions added.
- Message attachments are now supported. You can now send / receive items via the in-game email system.
- Chat Bot Editor has been added.
- Chat now shows who is in the channel with you.
- Chat bot can interact with people inside the chat.
- Shortcut keys are now displayed in the menubar.
- F1 Shortcut added for engine help.
- New img tag in the display functions has been added.
- Onchange callback for dropdown has been added.
- Fixed potential bug with variables inside the scripting language.
- Added functions to show or hide the minimap on the game screen.
- Added a search within the whole game definition.
- Implemented drop down in dialogs.
- Initial DB Storage Explorer.
- Implemented graphics library allowing to draw over the map via the scripting language.
- Let you hide the chat if wanted.
- Added table and column enumeration functions.
- Restored APK export feature.
- Storage API allows simple where conditions to be added.
- Storage update has been implemented.
- Storage delete (based on a condition) has been implemented.
- Ctrl+S will save the game if you are in the editor.
- Map fragments implemented. Allows to change the map look based on some conditions.
- Can find NPC on the map from the NPC editor or from the Map Editor (on the NPC tab).
- Path solver works with diagonal coordinate allowing to walk in diagonal by clicking.
- Beta-phase ended, prices set as normal prices.
- Can now add tiles and map object sprites to existing images directly from the pixel editor.
- Implemented an initial mini-map in the map editor.
- Fixed bug with mouse actions when the window is too small.
- Fixed bug with panel editor and uploading new image.
- Fixed bug with quickslot editor and uploading new image.
- Added API to hook keyboard keys to a functions.
- Added "AutoRun" function possibility to "Generic Code".
- Fixed wrong check of usage variable.
- It is now possible to re-order character rows from within the character editor.
- Fixed bug preventing to change the default player look.
- Fixed bug which was preventing a first time save.
- Fixed bug with constant generator not adding items.
- Fixed bug with map saving if there was not enough tiles types.
- Fixed bug with art tile editor which was saving a different main tile type.
- Script optimization: about 10x faster execution
- Improved player left panels' size.
- Player profile shows a "+" sign when some stats can be upgraded.
- Implemented for loops in the scripting language.
- Implemented += and the like in the scripting language.
- Implemented mirroring in the pixel editor.
- Implemented rectangle selection.
- Hue & Saturation change in the pixel editor.
- Brightness & Contrast change in the pixel editor.
- Merge down in the pixel editor.
- copy, cut & paste in the pixel editor.
- Released the first part of the storage engine allowing plug-in developers to store shared information (across multiple players).
- Released free black board plug-in.
- Fixed bug with house collision on the edge of a map.
- Added a player reset button in the stat & skill page.
- Art Sound & Music editor allows to add content music.
- Sound and music preview within the editor.
- Added a good number of background music for your pleasure.
- You can now quickslot items too.
- Generic code (code accessible from everywhere in game) has been implemented.
- Initial plug-in system as been created with a direct export / import.
- Page title set to each public pages.
- NPC Can buy back items (can be at a different price).
- Feature list created.
- Pixel Edit skill icons.
- Upload or edit an icon for the inventory image.
- Player inventory shows the icon as well as the description of the item while overing it.
- Fixed code editor not highlighting correctly the error line if the code was somewhat big.
- Fixed the pixel editor not initially showing shades.
- Non public game reminder (once per day) implemented.
- It's now possible to create new character or map object arts without uploading anything.
- Added checks on values provided to dialog actions and conditions and more human readable errors.
- Undo / redo in the pixel editor.
- Shades automatically created in pixel editor.
Pixel editor work continued: flip layer / selection, rotate layer / selection,
fill layer / selection, selection from layer, show / hide layer, add tiles and map objects sprites.
- Initial pixel editor available from art characters and tiles. Allows only modifying tiles / sprites not yet add them.
- Fixed CSS errors with the chat size which was preventing to use it in full screen.
- Fixed error with zone generation not showing items on the edge.
- Automatic re-log if the server goes down or the token is expired.
- Fixed issues with post teleport wrong handling of the game.
- Fixed transition usage during zone generation. It should now be independent of the direction of the transition.
- Tutorial added about how to create your game.
- Cleaned up back-end with single art upload function.
- Map editor implements tile fill using Ctrl+Left click.
- Fixed bug with path finding.
- Optimized usage of the player path finding.
- Handle player path finding over non-walkable area in a smarter way.
- ZIP export containing all the game data implemented.
- APK export: now we can produce Androids APPS directly from the maker.
- Implemented splash screen.
- Fixed temporary effect editor not allowing to set a single instance of the effect.
- Fixed the not operator precedence (was not handled correctly).
- Fixed handling of the end of the temporary effects.
- Automatically add news anchor in the todo.html.
- Implemented RSS feed for the news.
- Solved "aw snap" bug with Chrome.
- Implemented CSS for game play on mobile phones.
- Premium shop has been implemented.
- Game credits implemented (and you can now charge your credits from our home site).
- Map editor let you undo background paint with right click.
- Stats can now be "hidden" from the player and don't appear in the profile panel.
- Walk over map actions have been added, as well as the option to remove the objects or not.
- File Explorer implemented. Allows to remove useless files.
- Home page redesign (tidy up).
- Fixed bug with the position of the code completion.
- Implemented directory size check.
- Made the help indexable by search engines.
- User can change password.
- User can recover password.
- Automated code line counting visible in the FAQ.
- User profile show a bit of info (will show rented size and used size later on too).
- Code help while editing has been added.
- Code completion has been integrated for all the API calls.
- Initial support for touch devices.
- Fixed bug with wrong script verification for empty return statements.
- Monster and skills code allows now overload functions.
- Fixed bug with game import which was dropping the game name and the rights.
- Implemented a simple demo which doesn't require any login.
- The demo is available as default content from the reset panel.
- Added multiple types of particles: blobs, sparkles, disks.
- Allows to change the shape of the circle emitter.
- Created demos of particle editor, map editor, zone editor.
- Particle effect editor implemented.
- Can add particle effects to the player, actors or the map.
- Added particle effects documentations.
- Images and sounds are now sent with long expires time (saving loading time and network).
- Embedded video on the home page.
- Replaced default art-set with minimalistic art-set made by Ayumu.
- Started work on the particle effect.
- Created second art-set.
- Reset now offers the option to change art-set.
- Created video about changing default art-set.
- Added more panel colors settings to define different interface parts.
- Message panel now shows the selected message on the list.
- Allows now to select the color of the selected skill.
- Streamlined registration and game creation.
- Can now hide the quickslot bar.
- Can now hide all the left side panels (you can choose which one to have and which not).
- Created first video tutorials.
- Fixed other player position. Should be pixel perfect now.
- Loading page shows the progress.
- Game render loop should not affect as much the play loop.
- Fixed map editor not showing the current zone correctly.
- Completed license purchase of the engine with IPN integration.
- Special beta phase price introduced! 20% off!
- Character animation preview in the character editor.
- Fixed map editor wrong position while changing zone.
- Search games on the initial page is implemented.
- Public viewable game list is now visible.
- Prepare the price page for the purchase.
- Started the IPN payment system for license purchase.
- Fixed resize handling for map editor.
- Implemented take all for monster drop.
- Implemented correct in field editing of map actions.
- Implemented map chest editor.
- Load / save map chests.
Player interaction with chests implemented
(distance, take objects and visit only once a chest if something has been taken).
- Map object actions & conditions: allows to gather herbs for example.
- Fixed bug with map object removal leading some times to engine freeze.
- Fixed bug with floating message which was acting oddly and instead of blending jumped back.
- Each admin panel now contains a "?" pointing to the help page.
- Quest editor with journal entries has been added.
- Player Journal Panel implemented (sorting by last modified quest).
- Implemented quest API (simplified and script).
The object editor and object editor type in simplified logic allows
to define the unwear condition as well. (was missing)
- A default skeleton script is offered for object and object types.
- Missing "Display Name" attribute for the heal skill has been added.
- Missing "Display Name" attribute for new stats has been added.
- Stat editor allows now to add / remove parameters.
- First version of the manual has been completed.
- User interface of the in game messaging system implemented.
- Allows to display health, health & energy, or no stat bars.
Script API is now only accessible from the main help and
has direct URLs for all the functions.
- Back-end for in game messaging system implemented.
- On map chat now has a special chat line always visible.
- Collapsed chat blinks in case a new message is received.
- Chat history is now much bigger.
- Multi-channel chat (global & zone chat).
- Script API visible from the main help pages.
- Initial public view player (click on a player name in the chat).
- The latest news are now visible on the home page.
- Area of effect implemented via "RadiusReduceStat" and "RadiusIncreaseStat".
- Send the direction of the player as well.
- The map editor allows to set the monster re-spawn setting.
Monster kills can definitively kill this monster depending on the
individual monster re-spawn setting (by default it's definitive).
- Monster editor let you choose the art from the list instead of typing the name.
- Added many new characters to the default content.
- Added house items to the default content.
- Improved stat views: up to the day details, improved graph, additional stats added.
- String constants in scripts like zone names, items names or skills are now verified while writing the script.
- Usage of variables before defining them is now verified.
- Fixed bug with the user defined CSS generation (button border wasn't set correctly).
- If the world cannot be rebuilt without errors a warning is issues on save.
- Variable names containing numbers (not as first char) now are correctly handled.
- The engine starts recording stats (join, login).
- Shows the stats in the admin panel via graph and table view.
- Art tile editor let you now define paths usable later on in the map editor.
- Path editing has been implemented in the map editor.
- Map editor rendering has been optimized and the renderer is called only if something has changed.
- Auto-detect map objects.
- View other map objects on the same shared image.
- XSS attack prevention on the styling has been improved.
- Admin view user panel with reset and re-spawn.
- Admin game news panel.
- Game news displayed on the login page.
- Game branding displayed on the login page.
- Highlight error line in the script editor.
- var keyword (as in JS) is now ignored at the start of a line.
Introduced single instance temporary effect, allowing to have only one running instance
of the effect and therefore blocking the next start of the same type.
- Introduced non editable quick-slot skills. Attack is by default such skill.
- Introduced pop over error window, allowing game owners to see if the engine has some issues.
- Image preloading before entering a zone.
- Fixed login screen, shows again the background game.
- Clicks on the quick-slot is not handled.
Activation function for skills is implemented. Allowing to execute code while you activate a
skill and prevent the selection of the skill (useful for heal skills for example).
- Template functions for stats & skills have been added as default script code.
- Added "PlayerFloatingMessage" action allowing to add those floating small texts.
- Added "CheckLookIs" and "CheckLookIsNot".
- While writing a script, the tool is now able to spot malformed number, inexistent functions, and wrong API function calls.
- StopAllMusic has been added as action.
- "StorePlayerLook" and "RestorePlayerLook" has been added as script and actions.
- Temporary Effect editor has been implemented.
- Added "Check Has Skill", "Check Not Has Skill" and "Give Skill".
- Added script API to give and check Skills.
- Added "RemoveAllTemporaryEffects" and "StartTemporaryEffect" (also as script API).
- Implemented handling of player temporary effects.
- Added set re-spawn point.
- All the "database" names are now checked against some rules.
- Escape text displayed to ensure against XSS attacks.
- Monster movement is now handled by the scripted monster handler not by the engine itself. Allowing to change monster behaviors.
- Optimized the scripting language for function call.
- Fixed NPC editor bug, text containing quotes, double quotes and & were broken.
- Monster further than 100 x tileWidth will not be handled anymore (to speed up the handling).
- Check for NPC names and Monster names implemented (will implement this check for all).
- Public and private games (can switch from the game editor).
- Demo edition implemented, with the limitations of the chat, zones, and zone effect.
- Map actions can start NPC dialogs.
- Map actions size can be tweaked.
- Web Worker used to generate the map. Now we don't have a little sleep time between map areas.
- Sound & music editor added, to upload musics and sounds.
- A first default content for the music has been added.
- Can set a music on a zone and when the player enters it, the engine will play it.
- Can play sound effects from script and actions.
- Simplified object / object types logic available and set as default.
- Setup database & user images backup.
- Fixed the help page with an improved responsive design.
- Player persistence (save & load back the player state)
- Reset player or reset all players implemented.
- Cannot access all the modules anymore from within the play.html
- Made the home site works better on mobile devices.
- Security check, if you are not the owner you cannot use the maker.html page anymore.
- Direct URL now don't show anymore /play.html?id=xxx instead you just have the domain name and nothing else.
- HTTPS for the main domain has been setup.
- Skill editor improved, can now upload icon, add parameters and more
- Skills have a base skill being the "Attack" skill. Used as default code if none is set.
- Quick-slot bar can choose which skill is currently in use 0-9 number keys.
- Profile panel can let you choose which skill need to be placed where.
- Fixed bug with the object type editor while trying to change the name.
- Fixed double scroll issue with the chat.
- Fixed item drop / bag: getting all wasn't possible, and the quantity was taken as string.
- Monster editor now let you add skills and items drops.
- Monster drops end on a "bag" on the screen.
- New features pages visible from the home page.
- Reworked all the editors look and feel.
- Allows to set the look of the player via the game editor.
- Fixed layout issue with the panel editor.
- Fixed bug with the inventory which was triggering a false cheat.
- Added icons on the top menu of the maker.
- Chat color customizable.
- Chat border fixed (was showing some odd corners)
- Fixed emo "/e lv"
- Implemented smilies
- Implemented /me command
- Implemented URL link parser
- NPC Clone implemented
- Delete zone now cleanups up the map stored on the server
- Delete map without deleting the zone implemented
- Renaming or removing NPC was breaking NPC handling, now should work in a smarter way.
- Fixed bug with items containing single quotes inside NPC shops and actions / conditions.
- Allows for simple animation cycle without re-use of the middle frame.
- Emote via /e or /emote on the chat will show an emote on the map.
- Correct avatar displayed on other people screen.
- Fuzzy help search implemented.
- Help highlight don't break HTML anymore.
- Fixed play after working on the map.
- Play after making admin tasks release the player from a previous dialog.
- Forum setup
- NPC Shop editor (on the NPC editor)
- NPC Shop in dialog (with NPC selling items, not yet buying, quantity limit not implemented).
- Improved maze erosion
- Maze zone editor has limits
- Cave zone generator implemented
- Map Effects (set on the zone): currently only none, sight and fog effects implemented, later we may introduce rain and snow.
- New shorter domain: dotworld.me
- my_game.dotworld.me will now link to your game directly (replace my_game with your game name).
- Characters check during the registration and the game creation.
- Cannot change alone the game name anymore.
- Zone editor preview of the map
- Maze erosion implemented
- Maze generator (as zone generator)
- Loading page (when you change zone)
- code editor for object / object type
- objects & objects types can have either functions or direct code
- objects & objects types have "CanUse" "CanWear" "CanUnwear" "CanDrop" "Use" functions
- improved map editor: coordinate shows only the absolute X,Y, more tiles displayed in the selection, selecting show the selection in the middle.
- Allow to change the look of the player (or via NPC dialog)
- strong combat visuals (like discussed)
- make items / equipment that have effect when used.
- Website domain and look set
- Logo designed (Thanks Ayu for the idea!)
- Initial home page content set
- In game login & register (don't need to go on the home page of the project)
- Fixed some bug with collisions of objects on the edge of a map area
- Fixed bug while trying to click on a NPC / Monster
- Worked on the Script API documentation (visible on the Help menu)
- Script API Help viewer implemented
- Display attack damage on the map as small floating text
- Cleaned up the engine, renamed the tileset art container
- Includes CodeMirror for skills, stats, and monster (scripting) (code coloring set to JS)
- Implemented health stat changing the health bar
- Monster do fight back and produce damages
- Handle death => currently as demo, teleport back to initial position
- Worn items do modify stats
- Combat is now single click on the monster which will starts the combat which goes on either till you click away or one of the 2 dies.
- Added remove NPC, remove House from map editor
- Added logout option in the menu
- Fixed a bug where the game list wasn't displayed the first time you loaded the page (still an issue with the back button now).
- Fixed a bug with the teleport and negative coordinates
- Avoid to loads multiple times the same game areas at the same time
- Fixed a bug while editing different zones and then trying to play which lead to a white map (now it works)
- Better handling of map actions, if you teleport over a map action the map action will not be triggered, and you must go out of the current map action and back again to trigger it again. Before it was only handling via change of map cell.
- Added Inventory object, object type, inventory slot editors
- Added some default objects to start with
- Added special object actions (like eat or drink)
- Handle object action code
- User inventory now appears as new icon on the game interface (and can be called with the 'I' hotkey)
- If the chat is collapsed, the enter key now opens it, and the ESC collapse it again.
- Added some new reset options to reset objects, and panels look
- Added new panel look editor
- It's now possible to customize the look of game panels from the chat, the buttons, the inventory and the NPC dialog (which now do have an uniform look)
- Added some non working stat bar (which will be able to be replaced with other looks)
- Added some shortcut bar on the bottom (which will be able to be replaced later on)
- Items can be wear or removed
- Items can be dropped
- New NPC dialog / map action conditions based on the inventory items
- New NPC action / map action based for inventory items
- Fixed a bug with the language parser where an IF with it's action block was the last statement of the script code
- Out of function code used for items is now supported by the parser / execution engine
- Multi player support: you can now chat with each other if you are within the same game, and you see other players walking around too. (still a few open issues which will need to be improved).
- Started to work on the inventory items, created the base classes for it, where you will have "Object Types" which defines a serie of attributes, "Objects" which put the values to those attributes (like price, damage, etc) and "Objects in inventory". The system should allow stackable items as well breakable.
- Added a Object type editor
- Made the chat collapsible (click on the title and it will collapse). The sate is then remembered the next time you play / enter the engine.
- Fixed a wrong display of the map action, now the labels are in front of the input field
- Changed default stats to add a "Display Label" and prevent that main stats like "Life" which is used by the engine would break.
- Implemented mouse wheel inside the map editor, if you use the mouse wheel while on the map it will change the select object / tile without having to leave the map with the mouse.
- When you change the zone on the map editor the focus goes back on the map and therefore preventing to do odd things while using the arrows key / wasd
- Fixed bugs in house editor: you can now rename the house (previously it wasn't working), changing the Y coordinate of the collision works also (again wasn't working before), renamed "Sticky" button to snapping
- When you edit a generated map containing monsters, now the monsters are converted to stored monsters and can be edited.
- Snapping state of the house editor, Selected tool of the map editor, grid shown or not of the map editor are now saved as state and get recovered the next time you enter the mouse editor
- Added the initial spawn point in the game editor panel, which defines where the player will start.
- Loads more editors, (upload your own art, zone editor etc...).
- Registration implemented (a first version)
- Login with multiple users
- Game list
- A game made by the designer I work with has been started with his own art. Look is different as well as the map generation.
- Jump from map to map now works, as well as NPC discussion.
- Smarter mouse handling.
- Skills, stats and monster editors
- NPC editor
- House editor
- Map editor upgraded to support NPC, House, Monster and Map Actions
- Load / save game content
- Main game info panel
- NPC dialogs implemented
- Map Actions implemented
- Multiple infinite maps implemented and can be edited via the map editor
- Initial Stats & skills
- Monster are now able fully to follow you and cross the map areas.
- Monsters life is now displayed.
- Skill "Attack" is used while clicking on a monster.
- Skills can have a cool down
- Skill bar starts to be visible (with cool down timer) at the bottom of the page
- Added a FPS widget to see how fast the engine is. I usually get around 60FPS which is the max for the browser.
- Tweaked the world generator such to make lakes / lands bigger and actually more interesting to the eyes.
- Scripting language parser implemented with initial API.
- Start of the project
- Initial map editor and procedural world generator
- The world if generated in procedural way, once you edit a map and store it, the engine will restore.
- You can scroll around the infinite world with the arrow keys.
- The map is stored in a compressed form and is de-compressed by the client JS code.
- The server is written in Node.JS